Thursday, July 17, 2014

Baby girl turns 1...

I can't believe I am saying this already, but my baby girl turned 1 year old!! Her birthday landed on a saturday and we threw the most perfect birthday party for her. Being the crazy mom that I am, I wanted to make all her party decorations, including the invites. Even though it was a little stressful, I am so glad that I took the time to do it all, I was very happy with the outcome. 


We had the party at my parents house. The weather was perfect and we were able to enjoy their big yard. I made several bunting strands with fabrics in a peachy, teal, pink theme. My plan is to turn the flags into a quilt for her that she will hopefully have forever. :)


Here is the birthday princess swinging away in her gift from my Mom and Dad.



For Olivia's first cake I used a chocolate cake recipe from my good ol' Betty Crocker cookbook. 
For the cake toppers I picked out a bunch of animal figurines from Michael's and made little party hats for them. Her cake had the kitty. My "party animals" were the talk of the party. :)



It took a little bit of coaxing, but Olivia figured out that cake is really good.






I am so happy that my sisters were able to come up from LA for Olivia's party. I don't think they know how much it meant to me for them to have been here.


Then it was present time! I can't wait to do this all over again with her for christmas! She received so many amazing gifts, including the vintage sweater vest shown below. I have already looked up patterns for something similar. Basically, come Fall, she will have one in every color. 



Just when everyone thought all the fun was coming to an end, My cousin surprised us and brought over her mini horses for the kids to ride. By this time Olivia was spent and didn't want anything to do with them. So while the other kiddo's enjoyed them…..


….Olivia enjoyed herself a nap. 


The happiest of first birthdays my baby girl. It was the funnest day and I am so looking forward to many more birthdays to come. The fact that you are so loved was very clear this day. 

XOXO, mom.

1 comment: